Pricing structure for defence of driving offence
Pricing structure for defence of driving offences tried summarily i.e. in the magistrates court and not the crown court.
We are happy to provide representation in the magistrate’s court at fixed fees in respect of drink driving, driving under the influence of drugs, speeding and other common motoring offences. We also represent under the “tooting up” procedure.
For a simple hearing where there is a plea of guilty our charge will be £750 plus VAT. This fee covers:
1. Attending you and taking your instructions.
2. Advising on the merits of your defence or plea in mitigation.
3. Advising upon the likely outcome and range of penalties if found guilty.
4. Contacting and dealing with the Crown Prosecution Service to obtain details of the case against you.
5. Preparing mitigation and obtaining statements from witnesses/character witnesses as necessary.
6. Representing you or arranging for you to be represented by a barrister at the hearing.
These charges do not include:
1. Obtaining medical evidence
2. Obtaining any necessary expert evidence
3. Any advice or assistance in relation to an Appeal.
We are prepared to agree fixed fees or to act on an hourly rate basis on more serious motoring offences and will provide a quotation once we have all the relevant details from you.